Monday, July 31, 2006

Watermelon!

This weekend I went to the famouse! and spectaculare! 19th annual Seedless Watermelon Festival in Knox City, Texas.

The last time I attended the festival I was in elementary school. All we did was sit around picnic tables and eat free watermelon in the oppressive heat and then go to the city pool for free. That was it. Oh, and there was a dunking booth.

Soooo...I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had grown considerably.

There were about 50 booths of various and sundry merchandise:



There was a band playing:



There was a cool car show:



And the city pool is STILL free:



There was also still a dunking booth, but I didn't get a picture. So here is another sight: a gratuitous Confederate flag:



We took a lot of pictures. I will share a few more with you.

This series is entitled, Bored in the car:




These are entitled, When lip augmentation goes awry:



And as a grande finale, Cool mural in Munday, TX:




There are more where those came from! I'll bore you with more pictures later...

No comments: