Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Two words: A Mazing


Have any of you been following the Jill Carroll story? Well you should be. It is beyond words. She is a journalist who was kidnapped by Sunni terrorists and held captive for almost 3 months. She says that she feared for her life every day. Her experience is being retold in 10 installments on the Christian Science Monitor website. There are also little videos of her and others being interviewed. They really add to the story.

Read it. Seriously. I don't know how to describe it other than just amazing.

1 comment:

Tim Stewart said...

Wow, that is a pretty amazing story! I just read part 10 (skip to the chase, as it were) because I'm still at work. It's startling to me that for all her captors' brutality (kidnapping, psychological manipulation, death threats, etc.), they gave her spending money and gold and reimbursed her for her seized laptop. Sort of paradoxical for me. At any rate, thanks for pointing me toward the story! Muy cool.